Here is a recipe from a fan of the Stone Wave! His name is Rod Gonzalez….Thanks Rod! This sounds amazing! We’re sure many people will try it!
Au Gratin Potatoes
1 potato (peeled)
1 or 2 tablespoons butter
Cheddar cheese (sauce or shredded)
* Cut peeled potato into thin or thick cut slices.
* Soak potato slices into water filled bowl. Add salt if needed.Leave for an hour or so.
* Put butter in Stone Wave cooker, then add potato slices. Leave lid on.
* Put Stone Wave cooker in microwave oven then set about 2:30 minutes or until slices are cooked.
* Once slices are cooked, add cheddar sauce or shredded cheddar.
Replace lid and leave for 2 minutes and thirty seconds.
We love simple recipes like that because it reminds us that we can have gourmet results cooked in personal sized portions!!
- 1 large russet potato
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 teaspoons sour cream
- Scrub the potato, and prick several time with the tines of a fork. Place on a plate.
- Cook on full power in the microwave for 5 minutes. Turn over, and continue to cook for 5 more minutes. When the potato is soft, remove from the microwave, and cut in half lengthwise. Season with salt and pepper, and mash up the inside a little using a fork. Top the open sides with butter and 2 tablespoons of cheese. Return to the microwave, and cook for about 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Top with remaining cheese and sour cream, and serve.